In India-- smells and flavors

Long time no see...I wish it was as simple as this one. And there is a reason that I was off from almoost a couple of weeks. And that is because I am  in....drumrolls please...INDIA! the place of smells and food. And all that did not come from free. It involved a 22 hour flight followed by meeting and drinking with old freins till the wee hours of the morning, looking ravenously at street food and not having it. All kind of sacrifices. But I am back and ready to perform. Now that the Visa thing is out of the way :)

But before I do so, let me give you a quick review of what I had over the time I was missing from blogdom.

1. Indian Chinese-- My to go food anytime I ate out. Chilli chicken, fried rice is about the only thing I ordered. And I am happy to say, the ones I gave you a recipe for, is almost as good. Almost :)

2. Tea : In so many forms and colors and smells. But it is a tad bit sad, the Indian tea drinkers are turning so western :( where has all the flowers gone??

3. Homemade food by mom. Tons of fish, green fresh fragrant veggies and fruits. I can't tell you how happy I am to visit grocery stores here. The smell is so different :) And all that for so cheap! I got a weeks veggie, for less than a dollar. I love it here. :)

more later...this time with pictures and recipes

Happy eating and healthy living


Comments

There is an Indian eatery that serves Indian Chinese food, I must give it a try too.Looking forward to the photos!
Natasha in Oz said…
Indian Chinese food!!! Yum! I cannot wait to hear about your travels and to see your new recipes.

Glad you had a great time. Welcome back!

Best wishes,
Natasha.
The JR said…
Was wondering where you were. Long flight. No street food, you'll have to explain.

Nobody's cooking compares to Mom's.

Glad you had a safe trip.
What fun... details??? Photos??? what happened???
PJ said…
oh no, I sure envy you for this delicious food-filled trip :) Indian chinese is my favorite too.
Anonymous said…
Welcome back! Looking forward to your future posts about the trip!
Tasty Trix said…
Lucky you!!! i want your mum's home cooking, pretty please. Can't wait to see your posts from the trip!
Erica said…
Welcome back!!! I would love to read your stories and see your pictures!
Kim said…
Welcome back. Sounds like a fun visit with your mom.
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks all of you!! I see I am not all lost..will be back soon...short posts with yummy pictures.
Tea tradition has gone to hell especially in the UK. The 'proper way to make tea' is putting 3 tea bags into the pot not 2....tssss
taste traveller said…
Have a wonderful time - can't wait to see pictures! I'm curious about the flowers in the tea. Please share! :-)

Popular Posts