Un-new years-- made festive with Chili chicken!


Years pass..and that is one good thing. I can look forward to another 365 days. I am not sure..but is there  *something* to the 31st of dec ? I feel as though we, as a human race, have consciously decided to fix a date and give it a meaning. A purpose. I find that highly unjust to the rest of the 364 days of the year. And honestly, the rest of the 364 days are when all the excitement happens! But on the 31st we kind of think a little less fondly of the fun days we had and hope that the next would be funner! isn't that a bit cruel? :)

What, for example, is so different between 29th March and 31st Dec? One thing it would do definitely is space out the festive foodie days! And that would have been great too! I definitely think that between Thanksgiving and new year there are way too many events in quick succession. And nothing almost for the next 10 months :( how unfortunate is that?

Like Lewis Carol would say...lets celebrate our unbirthdays ( or in our case un-new years!)...after all we can celebrate more :)

One such celebration we (I mean R and me) had was a weeknight is one of the now- forgotten-past-364 days. But I distinctly remember it to be real fun. And how did we do so?  Have dinner. For us dinner is a real fun event --everyday. And we do get upset if it gets side tracked for any reason.

So on this very unusually good usual day, we had something called chili chicken. I did mention how, chowmein and chili chicken is our all time favorite dish, right? I have written about a clever reconstruction of the ever illusive Indian chinese chowmein. But not about the lovelier counterpart. So here is a recipe of that gorgeous chili chicken!

And here is what it looks like. Droolworthy enough...for every single day of the 364 days!




And goes great with Sphagemein (my take on Chowmein) and sautéed prawn heads



To every gorgeous day of the year

Happy living and healthy eating!



Comments

Sarah said…
I agree with you, every day with friends and family is a day to be celebrated! That's why I love just because dinner parties!
Happy New Year!
La Bella Cooks said…
Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year. This meal would definitely be worth celebrating as well!
The JR said…
Happy New Year JW.

You always have such interesting recipes.
Kim said…
I agree with you about celebrating each day. I don't know why we don't do it, but we should. The chili chicken looks delicious and I am craving wonderful homemade food as I have been eating fast food while out on the road for days.
Happy New Year and see you in 2010 !!
Gloria Baker said…
Lovely and tasty recipe!! Have a nice and Happy New Year!! gloria
NKP said…
This looks totally delicious to me!
Love it.
I met my hubby on New Year's Eve, we are amazed at the big party the world throws for our anniversary every year. ;-)
Have a great night.
xo
It's always an exciting couple of days...

May the worst of the year be forgotten by the promise of the good things to come during the next.

May all the best of the last year grow in the next.

Happy New year
PJ said…
I share your feelings about giving a lot of importance to some days over others. I may not feel the most excitement for a new year on Dec. 31st but I do feel an excitement year-around which counts for more, doesn't it?

Anyway, chili chicken looks delicious and a very happy new year to you too!
Sayantani said…
For me a new year like another chance to start everything afresh. Wish you a very Happy New Year.
This recipe looks delish and I even like your spagettein recipe.
Erica said…
Chili chicken sounds absolutely delicious!I am a big chicken fan :) Happy new year! :)
Velva said…
Everyday that we are graced with waking up and enjoying the day is a day of celebration. What better way to sustain our bonds with another than sharing a meal together.

Cheers to you! I have enjoyed blog and look forward to reading all of your posts this coming year. Thanks for sharing your creative and talented writing with all of us.
Velva
BongMom said…
Happy New Year JW. Lovely Chilli Chicken

Popular Posts