The San Francisco Diaries-- Post Street Lunch


So I am in San francisco...and finally on my own (in many ways). Some of which I don't like and some which I absolutely adore. I hate being lonely..but I adore being alone, walking through a newish cities and poking my ponity nose (I coined this word to describe my nose)  into things which grab my attention. Have you any idea how you are to be alone without being lonely? I do..but this time it wasn't quite the case. Anyways, for a tired and hungry self like me, Post Street was a dream destination. Lined by numerous, cute eateries -- each featuring a different cuisine. Though a couple of them were Japanese. A extraordinary thing to me. Cos all of them were different from each other :) And the best part is...that Post street is right behind that place that I will call 'home' for the next 48 hours. I did not have anything in mind as I walked out. A vague sushi sense in me. And it was every bit the adventure I like. New faces, new shops, new localities, new eateries, new..new new...and yet with a sense of being tangible in a nostalgic sort of of way.

And as I looked around I walked into this lovely and cosy Italian place. Had the sweetest attendant ever. Quite fell in love with her.  So I got the best place in the restaurant-- a small table by the window at the farthest corner of the small restaurant, Ivy's all over the window sill and finding my way all  across the city -- over a piece of trashy map. Believe it or not, this is my one favorite activity. And seeing that I was poring over this city map (devising plans to take a long walk...the longest possible to the conference) and waiting for my food..she actually came and chatted with me. Which was sweet of her. But, truthfully, a bit of disturbance for me :)

Anyway I ordered a sword fish (of course) with no dressing with a side of greens. The lovely lady also offered garlic olive oil to go with the fish. Ahh..the smell was dressing enough. A glass of house red. Yes, I am rustic enough for that :). Spent time looking and deciding on my evening walk..through chinatown where I  see another part of the city...

So that was lunch...and see you at dinner time

meanwhile...happy cooking and healthy living

Comments

Tasty Trix said…
I love to be in a city by myself and explore! Sometimes I can feel lonely when I'm alone ... but not very often, to tell you the truth! I hope you have a fab and fun dinner ; )
Yasmeen said…
Enjoy the stay.Busy mom like me doesn't quite get a chance to be alone :D.
Kim said…
Enjoy your time in San Francisco, it is so wonderful there. A real paradise for food lovers.
I love being in a new city on my own too, enjoy yourself!!
a long story, but when my 1st marriage collapsed, I moved to New York City to escape. Didn't really know a soul.

I loved ever minute, except dining out... it made me lonely
The JR said…
Sounds like a great meal. Bet you loved china town. I did when I went there many years ago.
Reeni said…
I was thinking of going away for a few days after the holidays - I need some alone time to regroup. I am so envious right now. Enjoy your stay!
Erica said…
Enjoy SF!!!!!!
I love exploring on my own. It makes you feel so centered. Have fun!

Popular Posts