San Francisco Diaries-- the end and highlights


Okay everyone! back and recovered from the San Francisco trip. So this is my last post about foodie adventures in San Fran.  So far I have mentioned about Post street and the lovely sword steak. However that was just the beginning of many more to come. Some highlights from one foodie to another :)

1. I discovered the beauty of green tea with a wedge of lime. I got addicted to green tea a few months back. Thanks to my friend Celli, in the lab. Earlier I used to think, in not so good terms about it. Now I cannot go a day without a cup or two of it. But lemon infused? That is a different level of bliss :) :)

Moving on to more solidarity :)

2. Chinese delight:- Well it is always a delight. But in San Fran, it is more than a delight. It is pure nirvana. Good quality dim sum, lovely ambience and pretty ladies to serve you. Even a presentation later in the afternoon couldn't be a spoiler. Tray and trays of goodies. The best one though was fried Tofu topped with fried garlic, green pepper and cilantro. The colors just says it all. The name is Siam Ting. If you were in the neighborhood..:) in case.

3. Sushi in a boat. That is the name. Sushi boat. The freshest and best Sushi on this side of the Pacific. They come to you in little boats. That adds to the existing novelty. You pluck em' up and goble em' up. As good and as lovely as it sounds. It is the Sushi Boat in the Union Square. Never miss a boat!

4. My birthday dinner. An old friend, the beautifully lit  Pier market in the fisherman Warf. The table overlooking the sea. And food wise:- started off with fried calamari, crispy french fries sprinkled with tons of garlic and blueberry Martini. Followed by Grilled trout and wine. There is more to come.  Followed by a small bite of strawberry cheesecake and Vanilla ice-cream. I sauntered into a chocolatier to get something for R. That final smell was all it took to make it a foodie heaven :)

5. Vietnamese ---redefined:-You would think that the last one just could not be topped. Well it is San Fran. And the sky is the absolute limit. Just before flying back, stopped at a Vietnamese restaurant. Hoping for a Pho. Well, that is what I would get in any other vietnamese restaurant. But when the name of the place is Green papaya and the menu features things like Tiger prawns in tamarind sauce...you don't say ' pho please'. I loved it so much..I even packed some lemongrass chicken and garlic noodles for R. They even let me into the flight with it too :)

So that is really all the highlights...from Italy to Japan...all in 48 hours. Not bad :)

More of me in the kitchen in the following days...and thanks for keeping up with me...even though I could not!

love and cheers

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Author food-thought-for.blogspot.com !
Yes, it is the intelligible answer
Looks like you ate a lot of nice food on your trip! :)
a great great trip... good for you!
SE said…
looks like you had a great time!!! Awesome!..thnx for stopping by
Heather S-G said…
Sounds like you had a fabulous time...I hope your birthday was grand! Just the description of that birthday food has my mouthwatering..."started off with fried calamari, crispy french fries sprinkled with tons of garlic and blueberry Martini..." YUMMMMM!
so pleased you had fun, oh and I hear ya can't beat China town
Natasha in Oz said…
It sounds like you a wonderful trip and I hope that your birthday was fantastic!

I loved San Fran when we were there a few years ago and we also had some great food in Chinatown. This post brings back some great memories.

Best wishes, Natasha.
Oh nice, blueberry martini?! I want one! And having a slice of lime with my green tea sounds fabulous as well. I want to go to San Francisco, and I will one day, as I have some friends there. Glad you had a good trip!
Velva said…
Awesome. Your food journey through San Francisco sounded fabulous! I have traveled to San Francisco only two times and each time I return with an even better impression from the last. I love that city!!!!
theUngourmet said…
Blueberry Martini?! Yummy! Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful!
Catherine said…
Sounds like a great trip full of great food!
The JR said…
Sounds like a fantastic trip with lots of memorable moments.

Popular Posts