A guest post from a Bengali girl with a Japanese name :)


You know, although I started appreciating the wonders of my tiffany's (its the kitchen guys!) quite late in my life-- well I won't necessarily call 24 late, but given that I had to wait 24 years to 'discover' its joys, is is quite a bit late-- I have been in association with people are well endowed with culinary skills. I have mentioned my mother and grandmother and likes of them. But of a different generation. At that point, I never thought of the kitchen as a wondorous place.  It was something I associated with what moms, aunts and grandmom's did. Never really me or people my age. I even vowed never to step in a kitchen when I was older. That was a good decade or more so back :) well well well, tell me that  'things change' and I will I nod furiously to that :) :)

But there was one exception. My best freind in school. Her name is MitoshiA bengali girl with a japanese name. The name means frenship in japanese? Am I right?  She started cooking at an age when the rest of us thought that the kitchen was a place you go to when you are hungry.  And to me she was a source of constant surprise. I could never really comprehend how she could ever produce such miraculously fantastic dishes that, I firmly believed was something only mom's could do! I mean didn't she have to deal with the fire, the veggies and worst of all measurements and chicken?? 

Isn't it only natural that I invited her for doing the fisrt ever guest post for me ? With love and affection I present to you all today, the Bengali girl with a japanese name-- Mitoshi--my best freind and the most awesome little cook I know for the longest period of my life.



' Dear friends, I have been asked by one of my best childhood friends, (well! she asked me not to say her name)to share a  recipe with you. Cooking is one of my passions and I started cooking at a very young age. My mother is a wonderful cook and my interest in cooking comes from her. Cooking is a good source of relaxation for me. I am a home maker and married since the last two and a half years. My husband is a real foodie so I love to experiment with new kind of recipes. Friends visit often at my home and I love to treat them with new recipes. But at the same time I love making recipes which take less time and also using easily available ingredients. So today I am sharing a recipe with  you all, which is easy to make, and all the ingredients are commonly available. Its called Chicken Rezzala.This is one of my most popular dishes that everyone likes it. The first time I had this was in one of my friends place.Then I tried this at home with a bit of my own idea and everyone appreciated'






 Chicken Rezalla

Ingredients:
2-2.5 lb of chicken cut into medium size pieces,
2 onions grated,
1 tsp ginger paste 
2 tsp garlic paste yoghurt
1 tsp of cashew nut paste
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground cardamom. If you don't have cardamom powder handy, you can pop a few whole. Or you can skip  it as well. A little less flavor. But guess what, the rest  good as well :)
A pinch of red chilli powder,
2-4 tbsf vegetable oil
Salt  for seasoning
Onion for garnish

Method:
Mix everything in a blender to prepare the marinade. Marinate the chicken in that mixture . Keep refrigerated for 2 hrs. Heat oil in a skillet. Add the marinated chicken, mix well and cover. Cook on low flame until the chicken is fully cooked. About 30 minutes. You can also bake it at 400F for 1 hour. Garnish with onion rings and serve hot with Indian bread.

This is a very tasty chicken entree also and it is really simple to make too. This is the first time that I am sharing my recipe with all of you and I am feeling excited to do this guest post. Hopefully all of you will like the recipe and Thank you (she who should not be named) for inviting me! 





Well well...I don't know about you guys but I tried this dish. It is perfect and tastes incredibly gourmet. Thank you Mitoshi for this one!

Happy eating and healthy living!





Comments

Finally I can call you by your name Atreyee...all thanks to Mitoshi...what a beautiful name that is. between thanks for the rezalla recipe. being a bengali my family always want some gravy item with biriyani. and this one fits the bill perfectly. thanks to both of you and cheers to your friendship. love and hugs.
I'm not sure what Mitoshi means in Japanese. It would depend on the characters behind the name, but it phonetically sounds Japanese and she sure is pretty. :)
anakhronous said…
Yummy recipe from the master chef :)...Mashi is a wonderful cook and Mitoshi has inherited her culinary skills no doubt. Will definitely try this one out.

- Barnali
The JR said…
Mitoshi is a very beautiful name. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks everyone :)

Popular Posts