My Orange Pot!


Friday news ..continues..

I did not get a chance to blog about the best part of Friday..which was after I got home from the lab. But before I come to what happened after I got home, I definitely need to give you a wee bit of background.

I love orange pots. For that matter any colorful cooking utensil. But Orange pots are my fanatasy. No chef can really feel like a chef without a hat and an orange cooking pot. And I never had the pots. At times I would go look on amazon for the pots (  have one in my shopping cart). But they are expensive. So I would tell myself that when I saved up enough money (interpret this as not buying 'stuff' from clothing stores) I would go for this. But that never happened. And as a poor grad student I was reduced to looking at these pots, heaving a sigh, complianing just a wee bit..and moving on.

Till of course Friday. As I walked in, after a very good Chinese dinner at our favourite joint (I will tell you about this place someday soon), there was a package from Amazon. Heavy. It had R's name on it. He insisted I open it. I ...always fond of opening boxes, was very happy to oblige And, as I opened that package....lo and behold-- an orange cooking tray!!! not a pot..but the exact orange color I love in cooking utensils--that color without which I don't feel like a chef. It was here!! And here is an extra nice part. It was from Rachel Ray shop. Rachel Ray. My favorite..ever favorite food host.

ohh..Thanks R...and its so glorious to be able to look into my utesil cupboard and look at the couplet of orange baking trays. I was one happy person the whole time.
But here is where the pain will come in. I am determined to put everything in that tray. Even red colored food. So pictures in the coming time may not be visually appealing...but it will be mostly on the orange trays.

here is how the bigger of the two looks like




Ain't it pretty???

Happy living and healthy cooking...oops the order is reversed :)

Comments

Heather said…
how lovely! i love fun colored cook and serving ware!
Anonymous said…
OMG OMG ! How Exciting !...when I started reading your post I knew instantly where this story was heading : ) ... I am sooo excited for you.... What a NICE surprise ! ...how sweet of R to surprise you like that ! I too love brightly colored utensils...although am yet to acquire anything Rachel ray...I have a cute yellow colander !
The JR said…
What a great surprise and how so very nice of R. Enjoy!

Ramona
oh so sweet and supportive
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks so much everyone!!! It was super fun...and R was great..but please note..He gets to reap the benefits a LOT :) But that's a part of the motivation too :)
Velva said…
The orange tray is beautiful! Love surprises! R did a great job.
Kim said…
I love orange so much! In fact, my kitchen is orange and so are all my towels, pots and decorations. Congrats on the tray, it's very nice!
beautiful tray.R rocks
beautiful tray.R rocks
Erica said…
What a great surprise!
Anonymous said…
Nice article as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thanks for giving this data.

Popular Posts