Everything Jambalaya!


Its a very very exciting day for me. I finally got my driver's license!! in my third effort. So it feels super great. So much so, that I don't feel like spending a lot of time writing :) Which is fine. Since last weekend I got to make Jambalaya from a recipe book. Now Jambalaya hold a special..special place in my heart. You have to hear the reason. In my first two years of grad school I used to stay on campus-- in graduate dorms. Tha included an exorbitant and complicated meal plan. 5 meals a week @ 11$ for healthy but terrible tasting food. Except two. A vietnamese noodle soup that was served everyday. And an exquisite Jambalaya on Friday lunch time. I would skip one lunch so that I could stock up on that jambalaya for the weekend.

I have never had any jambalaya that was ever that good.

And this one I don't even presume to replicate. However, its worth a try to get some form of it done. So I used Rachel Ray's Recipe,' Everything Jambalaya'. It turned out fine without the worchester sauce.  I used tabasco instead. Also, I made up my own poultry seasoning by mixing sage and Thyme.

Just a small tip. I figured it is best to add the cooked rice to the sauce before taking the sauce off the oven. Mix in everything and then take the whole jambalaya out off the stove. Will work better. It tasted fine. But can't match my standards which were set as a hungry student in cold cambridge dorm life :)






Happy eating and healthy living

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh JW, Those student years are tough... but look how far you've come now.... a fully fledged scientist : ) ...!

Also a BIG...YIPEE...& HURRAH.... For obtaining your dirvers license... i am very happy for you.

Your Jambalaya looks like everything a good jambalaya ought to be... Warm, Hearty, and Nourishing...! what's more the plating is gorgeous on that white bed of steaming rice... Its chilly here in NY...i would sooo LOVE that for dinner tonight : )
Jhonny walker said…
Nat...Those years were just 2 years back! and I am still a grad student in my 5th year!
Anonymous said…
OMG...how long does it take to finish becoming a science expert ? I am not as committed and persevering in the education deparment, a quality I truly respect, admire and envy a little...

Eitherway, you've obviously got what it takes... so it will all be worth it in the end : )
Palidor said…
Woohoo! Congrats on getting your licence. Now we need to get you a set of wheels. :-)

I love jambalaya, but I've never had a good one in a restaurant. It's been years since I've made one... I wonder if I still have the recipe? Now I will have to look!
Abatevintage said…
Congratulations on getting your license. What a fun time this must be for you. The food looks delicious.

Blessings,
Heidi
Congrats on your driving test so where is your first road trio going to be, your food looks great
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks everyone...:)

@ Palidor: I do have a set of wheels :)

@ Chow: The road trip...hmmm..maybe legoland :)
Trish said…
YEAH!!!!! Horray for you Jhonny!
The JR said…
Congrats on the D.L. Good going!!!
Ramona

Popular Posts