Views and news-- with Garlic salmon!


I have a few news to give, views to share--all of which has made my morning very interesting.

Obama won the peace prize. ..Great. I like it. I mean its a bit premature maybe. But I disagree with the criticism that, it is all words, no actions. I mean he is not just delivering fantastic speeches. He has actually done something in a short time to change a few things around. And well...since when was a award of the stature of the Noble, apolitical?  Also a few years back, everybody including myself, criticized Al gore (I am a climate scientist btw) for winning the Noble. I had the same reservations as many have now about  President Obama. But I must say, since then and because of the 'Inconvenient Truth' movie (its our fault if we need high definition movies with histrionics , popocorn and beer to wake up to reality) till today..the conservation and green movement is making huge progress. So yes, that was premature too. But then it was for a justifiable cause which not immediately appreciated.


But what is the best piece of news today? Guesses?

My lunch! Everyday I bring sammies and veggies . Today, however, I have brought some leftovers from yesterday's lovely dinner. Thanks to My columbian Recipes. This was a killer. I modified some from this recipe. But with that kind of framework...its difficult to go wrong. So here I am..writing this post and waiting for a proper lunch hour to hit.

Meanwhile here is the deal...

Ingredients:

1/2 lb of Salmon. You can try it with Tuna too. But Salmon is really the very very best.
Take the fish out of the freezer  and leave in the refrigerator about half a day before making this. The fish will have thawed enough to be juicy.

Half a bunch of Cilantro. You can substitute partly or completely with Parsley. I used some local fresh cilantro.

A handful of spinach leaves. Baby spinach would be best.

4-5 cloves of garlic. You can go easy with less, if you did not like garlic as much as I do.

4-5 tbsf olive oil

3 tbsf freshly squeezed lime juice. I had this extremely aromatic lime. I used a few drops for its exquisite aroma on top of the lime juice.

Freshly ground pepper and salt for seasoning.

Its pretty darn easy to make!

Carefully clean your leafy greens. I read an article yesterday, which says that  apparently leafy greens are great for us..but is also good source of food poisoning. So carefully, rinse out the greens. Put the Cilantro, garlic, 4 tbsf olive oil, a bit of salt and peper in a food processor and finely chop it. Clean the fish lay the fillet (make horizontal slashes into the flesh for easy penetration of flavor) in a baking tray. Season both sides with salt and pepper and a dash of lime juice. Be liberal. Add the marinade to the tray and liberally cover your fish. Leave in the tray for 10 minutes.

Preheat your oven to 420 F for 10 min. Pour the rest of the olive oil all over the fish. Bake your fish at 420 F ( if the fillets are regular size or thicker. For thin fillets go no higher than 350F) for 20-25 mins.
Take the tray out , and add the remaining lime juice.

 And here is a recipe for a quick stirred martini to go with it :)

1 oz of Vodka. You can use Bacardi or Gin as well.
1 oz of lemonade
1/2 oz of club soda
1 hint of lime just--a couple of drops. Key lime would be ideal.

Pour the Vodka, followed by the soda, followed by the lemonade in a Martini glass. Stir it gently. Add the key lime.

Your drink is ready! and so is your fish. Serve with good quality bread. Delish :)

























Happy eating and healthy living


Comments

have a lovely meal girl and agree with you on obama i made this salmon to lol
Erica said…
That looks great!!!Thank you so much.
The JR said…
Very healthy looking meal. Bet it was very good and if you drank a whole lot of those martini's you didn't care if it wasn't!

Ramona
Jhonny walker said…
@ Erica-- Thank you :)
@ Ramona-- I had only a couple..but it was so good...I could keep on with it :)

@ Chow-- it looks so good..you about have to make it :)
Oh yum, looks fantastic!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Glad you enjoyed the snack recommendations!
Anonymous said…
That martini made me Thirsty ! : ) ... Love the salmon...Love the Cilantro Pesto... hmm... such an easy & perfect meal... !

Wow JW...you're a SCIENTIST ? How cool is that ! : )
Jhonny walker said…
Nat..Thanks thanks...I am striving to be one. I am a graduate student :)
Kim said…
Great pick. Erica always has great looking recipes. Love the martini:D I need one right about now.
Heather S-G said…
This sounds amazing!! I love garlic...the more the better...so I know I'd love this!
Olive said…
Looks delish indeed, what I like most about it though is it's easy to make :)
teresa said…
mmmm, this looks fantastic! i love it!
MaryMoh said…
I love salmon....fish for better health. Lovely dish...mmm

Popular Posts