Inflight Chicken Biriyani


Airport waiting sure sucks. Inflight food, even worse. A late afternoon flight across the country, absolute nightmare. And even bad? reaching a cold city at the dead of the night. Life does look bad.

But if you have packed lunch that is called chicken biriyani, then, it ain't so bad...right? :):)

Well..I am at the airport waiting to board the flight that will hopefully take me into Boston sometime late tonight. And the only thing ..well I should actually say the only two things..that is making this potential trip look less daunting is free wifi and a lunchbox full of good quality homemade chicken Biriyani!.

You heard right. Biriyani for inflight food. I had made this whole big bowlful for R and now I am carrying a tiny savory part of it. Thanks R for making me carry it!

And so that you know how it looks like



This recipe is adapted from Sheba. A fantastic cook. Sheba makes biriyani and several other traditional Indian gourmet food with ease that is almost makes you feel guilty thinking of the toil for those who does it otherwise. You can look up her recipes on Youtube. I can guarantee that traditional food with Sheba becomes simple and healthy too. I have previously reported on my disastrous trip down the Biriyani Lane. But with Sheba, I have taken and retaken this journey. And never faltered. Comes out perfect every time. So, if you fear traditional Indian cooking like I do, a good time is now to check Sheba's recipes out. 

Besides you can always carry it for your inflight food. An aromatic chicken Biriyani.

Happy eating and healthy living..even if its on a flight!


Comments

You will have people wanting to switch seats to sit by you. I can just imagine the remarkable smell when you open up your little treasure. Enjoy your flight and be safe.
Natasha in Oz said…
I love chicken tikka Biriyani! I wish we were allowed to bring our food onto planes over here.

Hope your flight was safe. At least I know you were fed well!

Best wishes,
Natasha.
my hubby would love you we often pack things for flight
Jhonny walker said…
@ Susan:hahah..my neigbor sure could tell :)
@ Rebecca and Natasha: I Never have packed before. But I must say it has its ups and no downs at all :)
The JR said…
Flying stinks and to so does most travel. Thank you very much, but I'll stay home.
Welcome back to Boston! How long will you be here? Maybe we can go out for lunch. =)

Your own personal in-flight food looks delicious!
Jhonny walker said…
@ Ramona: I would..if I could
@ Ree: Sure sure..I was going to email you. lets take this to the email :)
OMG, that briyani makes me drool! Really mouthwatering! :D
Tasty Trix said…
Smarty pants! Yes, that would definitely make a flight much more pleasant ... I think I might even endure a pat down for some of that biriyani ; )

Popular Posts