Another two awards-- and a 'Desert Recipe'


I have found out only recently that I have not posted almost a single desert iredipe n the last month or so. How disgusting is that!  It is so not true that I did not make one. In fact, I made quite a few. But thing is all of them are from some popular recipe off foodnetwork. And no fiasco too! So nothing to say really. Although this last week I chanced upon this unique 'cake' recipe from my very good friend Tamar. I have mentioned before, that she is from Israel.  And given that I am a sucker for Israeli salads and deserts, she is the storehouse for goodies.

The thing about Israeli deserts is that they are loaded with dry flavors. Figs, dates, olives, apricots. All these flavors transport you to deserts...to long long queues of  weary camels  trudging along sand dunes with the sun beating down on their bare back, tribesmen washing and relaxing under makeshift tents in palm tree lined oasis, horsemen creating a plume of desert dust as they dash along dusty patches of land... beautiful girls tucked away under veils and carpeted tents...Only their eyes glimmer flirtily as they serve you hookah and dates... Such is the tug of dry flavors.

Coming back to the present tense and the here-tense, Tamar  gave me this incredible 'desert recipe'. Chocolates, walnut and ...pears. No flour and no baking powder. Game for it? I was. And the result was amazing. Layers of fruit and nut flavor. Solid. No fluff. Leaves the mind confused..so confused that you forget about here and now..and all you want is to go for those long forgotten days of Arabian nights. Nights of sinful pleasure.

But before we travel on that road to perdition-- if I may say so :)-- There are fun things I HAVE to mention. I got two more awards!! I cannot believe it :) :) The first one from Palidor of  'Crazy Asian Girl  (a master at making Indian sweets. And I thought it could not be made by anyone mortal :)). Thanks a lot. I am incredibly proud of this one :)





And I pass it on to Ashley of ' Big flavors from a tiny kitchen'. Her blog is lovely. The recipes are great. The pictures are superb. And she has a storehouse of lovely photographs, which is delightful.  Ashley, your posts definitely add sunshine to my day :)

The second one, from someone I admire a LOT. Ancoo of Ancoo's hobby. Some fantastic hobby she has!



And following her idea (which is super good) I pass it on to all my blogger friends. Everybody who makes such excellent recipes!

And having said that, let me take you by the hand and lead you to the deserts of the middle east..with dry flavors and fruity intervals..

No Name Cake. ...a recipe of and for the deserts

Ingredients:


2 butter sticks, soft
1 ¼  cups sugar
6 separated eggs
250 (9 ounces, or a little more the 0.5 Lb ) dark chocolate, grounded
250 gram grounded walnuts
3 pealed pears

round bake pan, with a bit of butter spreaded (so the cake wouldn't stick)

Here is how you do it


  1. Prepare oven on 325 degrees. put the butter and the sugar in the mixer's bowl to make an airy, light mix. add the yolks one by one while the mixer is working until the mix is uniform. Add the chocolate add the walnuts and and mix manually with a spatula.
  2. Whip the egg whites into a stable foam and “fold” a few times into the chocolate mix. Pour into the pan.
  3. Cut the pears in halves, remove the middle part with the grains and cut to quarters. Stick the pear quarters inside the cake , such they stick out a bit. Bake for about 50 minutes until a toothpick stuck into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool. 



Serve it with some Ice cream. And some dried Apricots as garnish. Or dates..or raisins...choice is yours. After all it is your journey..you get to choose the road ...:)



Picture by Tamar Sofer




and another one...it looked so good :)





Happy eating and sinful living!!!! It is good...at times 


Recipe: Courtesy Tamar Sofer.

Comments

Palidor said…
Woohoo, congrats on your awards! You deserve both of them.

The cake sounds wonderful, as it's like a chocolate souffle. I like the addition of walnuts and pears... they "healthify" the recipe a bit. ;-) Maybe I should do that next time I make souffle.
oh cool a cake wheres the pic you should write novels love it, congrats on the awards isn't blogging fun
Jhonny walker said…
@ Rebcca: Blogging sure is fun..and I do want to be a novelist..someday...long into the future. Meanwhile I wouldn't mind blogging for food etc magazines..:)
The JR said…
Congrats on the 2 awards.

No name cake looks pretty good. Have a great weekend.
This sounds really good, i love pears and chocolate, so this is a great fit. COngrats on teh awards, I am new here, but I sure enjoy everything I have seen so far... Keep bloggin!
Anonymous said…
You are brilliant J ! Brilliant ! I just have to try this one...you made me crave it, want it, need it, love it..and i have'nt even seen it yet ! : ) ...

I would love to have it warm and plain with nothing added to it...its just rich and delectable...!
Anonymous said…
Oh my...and congratulations on the 2 awesome awards ! You go girl...! Everyone just adores you !... : )
Jhonny walker said…
@ Nat: Thanks so much, dear. You really rock my blog.

The cake is just awesome. Try it with pears. Its right sinful :)
Ashley said…
You're too nice! That totally made my day. Congrats, yourself! I really love the variety of recipes that you post - keep 'em coming!
That's a super cool cake recipe! And congrats on your awards!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh J, Just saw your tweet and headed strasight here...are you kidding me J ? The Picture of it looks even more droolful than the incredible description you gave it ! I LOVE the dense chewey brownie like texture...amazing ! I promise to make this...I promise !
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks everyone for your messages...

@ Nat: It does..desen't it? let me know how it goes :)
Erica said…
Congratulations on your awards!I love fruit desserts and pear is one of my favorite fruits! Great recipe.
Sayantani said…
Congrats on the awards!
this is a great dish and I mean it...no flour WOW! but cant make it now as need to shed those extra baggage now....but you tempted me.
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks everyone :)

also Sayantani...just one thing would not hurt! :)
Trish said…
I love reading your blog....it is like opening a book! This is one great recipe Jhonny! And your photos are always great. BTW...silly me....I am now following THIS blog too so ignore my "where are you" comment on the other...grin! I guess you were here...in the kitchen! Love the Thai green curry too! Yes, I am much more fond of the green than the red curry! Have a very happy Sunday my dear friend!
Deb in Hawaii said…
This cake looks delicious. I love anything with pears. Congrats on the awards.

Aloha,

Deb
radha said…
The desert looks good. And any dessert is good enough for me and my sweet tooth. I am willing to overlook the calories
NKP said…
I love the word play with "desert" and "dessert", so creative!
Congratulations on your awards!
Jhonny walker said…
@ Trish: You made my day! :)

@ Radha and Deb: fruity anything looks good to me too :)

@ Natashya: Thank you so much for pointing out my spelling mistakes. It is unpardonable :) You have a very nice way of saying things :)
Mae said…
Awesome post as usual... You're going to have to get used to lots of blog awards I think, because I just gave one to you, too, some come check it out on my latest post. Just copy the code on the upper right of my blog to paste in the award if you want. :)
Jhonny walker said…
Mae, you are too nice. Its amazing that you think of my writing style close to the Woolfe!! Why she is my fave one!

Thanks a doodle :)
Anonymous said…
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Popular Posts