Tuesday morning marks the begining

I woke up at 6.20 AM. For those of you who don't know me  (I am sure that is most of you..so hello :)), I love sleeping late. As late as a day allows me. And I often like to find excuses to allow me to do so. But  today, as the saying goes, is the first day of the rest of my life. Yawnnnn.
Okay. So after a good head start I came into the lab (I am a graduate student btw) to get a ton of stuff done. Not to happen. Guess what,  I find out ..to my utter utter dismay..to have run out of the very first thing I needed. Liquid Nitrogen. hmmm...While I am waiting for that to arrive I facebooked, orkutted, yahooed, facebooked..and then orkutted some more..
Till I started this new blog. Before ..before all of you jump to the obvious conclusion, let me tell you something. This was intended for the last two years. But never happened. Why?

 Because Liquid Nitrogen never ran out :) No truthfully that is the reason.

So what is this blog going to be about?

About the blog:

Its about the kitchen.  Sort of a kitchen diary that is full of smells, flavors, tastes (of course), looks (very important) and super duper fun in there. No books to guide. No rules to follow. Other than fire safety. And hopefully no measurements. I am awful at that in the kitchen. Though in my lab that is all I do.

Who am I  and why do I want to do this ?

I am a graduate student working in climate science :) But that's not what this blog is about. Well into my early twenties (I am 27 now) I hated the kitchen. I vowed..Yes, yes I vowed that I am never getting inside one.
Now, thats where I love to spend time. I de stress there. And the product of those times (not very long) , I am told, are very very palatable.  I follow no rules. I do almost anything that does not require me to look into a book while in the kitchen : doing traditional food, mixing and matching spices and cooking styles. Whatever comes to my mind

Oh! did I tell you? I am a total Rachel Ray fan. Love her style. But I am lactose intolerant. Can't use cheese :( So you get the idea what I might do in the kitchen ?

Here is to keep you interested!  Remember to get those mugs in the kitchen :) Part of the promise..



This is at the Cups at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD San Diego. 
Photograph-By me

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi A, I love Rachael Ray too :) ... her voice gets a bit too husky sometimes...but I love her positive energy... even when i'm tierd or down...watching her somehow puts me in a better mood :) ... Your blog is sweet and personal ! :)
Jhonny walker said…
Thanks.. I totally agree with you. Love her show.

Popular Posts