Looks Fishy



Okay, I have to let you on this. I am a fish person. I Love the fact that I can use the same recipe on different fishes and get different dishes. So the fact that I have not posted any fish recipes yet,  has gotten even myself worried:)
This one may look complicated. I agree. But you got to give it a try. Three steps and you are done. But the ingredients you need may not be that common. But once in a while its good to take that extra step. After all there is something to elaborate looking cooking even if it takes really 10 minutes to make. Yes 10 flat minutes. I have done it. So can you. 

East Indian Fish (you heard of companies)


Ingredients:


1.5 lbs of salmon (or Sword fish or Tilapia or Trout), cut into squarish pieces.
1/4 tsp of all spice  

1/4 tsp Nigella seed 

These two are only for flavor and you can omit those while cooking.Though I recommend it very much.

2 tbsf oil (you can use corn oil, vegetable oil or for a more authentic taste you can try mustard oil.The latter is usually found in Indian stores)

1 tbsf Mustard powder. Yellow mustard with Wasabi stirred in will work beautifully too.
1/4 tbsf Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 finely chopped Jalapeno or Green chili pepper
Half a cup finely chopped green Cilantro for garnish

Prep time!!

Mix the turmeric powder, ground ginger and mustard powder in little water to make a thin paste.

Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the all spice, Nigella and Jalapeno and saute for 15 -20 secs (or till it gives out a nice aroma). Lower heat and add the pieces of fish. Let it stand and flip once the first side is cooked through (look for whitening of the flesh). Let stand on other side till  the fish flakes and is covered in the spice. Add the mixture of turmeric, ginger and mustard to the fish. Add half a cup of water and let it boil for ~ 2 min.Take care that all sides of the fish are covered with paste. Lower heat and season with salt. Let simmer for 5 mins or till fish is done.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve!..or eat.

Best if taken with scented white rice

Seriously, this is  an authentic dish that you are not likely to taste in any Indian restaurant. That is a promise. I have looked for it. Found nowhere. Btw, I have posted this 
here and its gotten rave reviews :)





Happy eating and healthy living

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow...that looks so GOOD ! I am actually not a fish person BUT would LOVE to eat that... I do love seafood, like mussels, clams, shrimp etc...I might try this one though for my husbands sake since he loves fish too :)
Jhonny walker said…
I am a fish person :) but I have wooed non fishy people with this one. Go for it :)

Popular Posts